UPSC CSE Prelims (GS + CSAT) Mock Test Paper 2021: Practice Free CSAT mock test. Online UPSC Civil Services Examination (General Studies & Civil Services Aptitude Test)
UPSC CSAT mock test for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination (GS & CSAT): Practice Latest Free CSAT Online Mock tests for CSE Paper 1 (General Studies) and Paper 2 (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
UPSC Civil Services Examination (CSE) FAQs
- Which organisation conducts the Civil Services Exam?
- This prestigious examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in three phases: (1) Preliminary; (2) Mains; (3) Personality Test (Interview).
- What is the format of the preliminary exam?
- The prelims phase has two papers (Each of 200 marks) - Paper 1: General Studies; Paper 2: Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT).
- How many papers are there in the Mains exam?
- Nine papers: Paper A and Paper B are qualifying in nature. Paper I consists of Essay type questions. Paper II to Paper V consists of questions from General Studies (GS); Finally Paper VI and Paper VII are the optional subjects (selected by candidate).
- What is the qualifying marks of CSE prelims exam?
- It is of qualifying nature only but you need to score atleast 33% marks to become eligible for the the mains exam.
- What is the nature of questions asked in the exam?
- CSE Preliminary: Objective type - Multiple choice questions (MCQs); Mains: Essay.
Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam
|Phase I||Prilimary Exam||
|Phase II||Mains Exam||Nine papers of conventional (essay) type||200|
|Phase III||Personality Test||Interview||250|
Civil Services (Mains) Exam
|Paper A||Indian Languages||
It is a qualifying paper in which candidate has to select one of the Indian languages (Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India).
|Paper B||English||Qualifying paper.||300|
|Paper I||Essay||There are total eight topics divided in 2 sections. You have to write two essays: one from each of the sections.
|Paper II||General Studies I||
|Paper III||General Studies II||
|Paper IV||General Studies III||
|Paper V||General Studies IV||
|Paper VI, VII||Optional Papers||